Qualitative research is used to explore and understand perceptions, values and experiences. Data is typically collected in an unstructured manner, through interviews and observations, using open-ended questions and conversational probing.
We specialize in in-depth telephone and in-person interviews. We feel that these techniques deliver the highest quality information, with the greatest scheduling flexibility, at the lowest cost to our clients.
We also arrange and conduct focus groups, primarily when the research objectives involve ideation and brainstorming.
When should I use qualitative research?
Qualitative research is the right tool to use when you want to:
- Understand individual perceptions, values and experiences that influence customer behavior and motivations.
- Determine the next phase of a staged product development or marketing plan.
- Develop hypotheses for subsequent testing.
- Support the development of a quantitative survey.
- Vet a potential merger/acquisition target.
Contact us to learn more.